It’s nearly Father’s Day, and that always causes me to reflect on what kind of father I am. I think I’m pretty decent, though I’m not where I’d like to be.
Leo’s list is pretty great. For me, I aspire to:
- Be slower to anger and frustration.
- Be less critical of mistakes.
- Be less concerned about their future and more concerned with the present moment.
- Inspire them to be passionate about the things they like, but have less expectations of the path they take to find and use those passions.
- Inspire them to be honest, courageous, empathetic, and vulnerable to experience life and relationships in the best way possible.
I have a lot to learn about each of these, but I also have four (including my wife) great teachers to help me along the way.