Between family stuff (four birthdays, family visits, etc.), trying to move my web app idea forward, an unexpected windfall of freelance projects, and some possible changes at my day job, I feel like I didn’t get much done this month. Other than feeling overwhelmed, of course.
Things I did do off my Love List:
- Blog (10 posts in May, with the highlights being The New Reality and The best and worst things about the Web
- Saw The Avengers (loved it)
- Took lots of photos (not many public facing, at this point.)
- Read a book (#4 – Made to Stick), although I am still one book behind pace.
- Purge stuff. We are starting to prepare for our June 9th block sale. Can’t wait for it to be here.
The rest? Not so much. But I think I am OK with that…
I read a great Seth Godin post this past month. The money quote:
For the marketer, the freelancer and the entrepreneur, the challenge is to level set, to be comfortable with the undone, with the cycle of never-ending. We were trained to finish our homework, our peas and our chores. Today, we’re never finished, and that’s okay.
It’s a dance, not an endless grind.
It’s important to be OK with what you don’t get done. There will always be something. What I need to do in June, after spending most of May overwhelmed, is to reset and focus on a small number of things. To do good work and be productive again.